Call to Report Abuse
Contact the Department of Child Youth and Family Services 709-729-0760 or any Law Enforcement Agency at 911. You are not required to provide proof. Anyone who makes a good faith report based on reasonable grounds is immune from prosecution. If the abuse occurred within the past 72 hours, a medical evaluation by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is available by going to the Emergency Department at any hospital.
Help lines to report child abuse or neglect:
Child Youth and Family Services: 709-729-4612
After Hours: 709-729-4775
RCMP: 709-772-5400 (Non-Emergency) 800-RCMP (7267)
Victim Services/ Dept of Justice: 709-729-7970 email@example.com
Childhelp – National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
Websites for more information on child sexual abuse and/or trauma
www.stopitnow.com 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)
Professionals Required to Report
The following persons are required to report:
• Physicians, physician’s assistants, optometrists, dentists, behavioral health professionals, nurses, psychologists, counselors, or
• Peace officers, child welfare investigators, or child protective services workers
• Members of the clergy, priests, or Christian Science practitioners
• Parents, stepparents, or guardians
• School personnel or domestic violence victim advocates
• Any other person who has responsibility for the care or treatment of minors
Any other person who reasonably believes that a minor is a victim of abuse or neglect may report.
HOW TO REPORT In Newfoundland & Labrador
A report can be made to the Department of Child Youth and Family Services 709-729-4612 or after hours 709-729-4775 or by contacting any law enforcement office.